Benefits of Research@StAndrews:FullText

Kyle Brady
Wednesday 26 October 2011

Back in June, we celebrated reaching 1000 items in Research@StAndrews:FullText with some of the contributors to our landmark total. One of our thesis authors was unable to attend our event, but has been back in touch with comments about the repository.

“In my field of biblical studies it often takes two to three years before thesis research is made accessible to scholars for consideration and interaction. The digital repository has made it possible for scholars to access my research on 1 Peter almost immediately after I defended my thesis. I am also grateful for the way in which this technology enables scholars all over the world to access my work with a internet connection and a Google search.”

Kelly Liebengood, author of ‘Zechariah 9-14 as the substructure of 1 Peter’s eschatological program

Our new statistics have allowed us to see that Kelly’s thesis has been downloaded several times. We can also see that visitors have found the full text through a global index of electronic theses in the US, called OhioLINK Worlwide Center, as well as through Google searches.

We are delighted that Research@StAndrews:FullText can support our researchers in this way.